Of Heol-y-felin, a Unitarian minister and author, was born at Pantlluest, Llanarth, Cardiganshire. He was educated for the ministry by David Davies, Castle Howell, and had charge of the Old Meeting House, Aberdare, from 1833 until his death, 30 years later.
His published works include “Llythyrar y Drindod “(A Letter on the Trinity), 1834; “Edifeirwch Gwely Angeu”(Death bed Repentance), 1836; “Llyfr Ysgol Sul” (Sunday School Book),1839; “Galwadarleuenctydidroi at Dduw “(A Call to the Young to turn to God), 1840; “Pechodynerbyn yr YsprydGlan “(Sinagainst the Holy Ghost), 1846;”An Essay on the Sabbaths, and Six Sermons,” 1885. He also edited the poetical works of his brother, Rees Jones (1797-1844). A memoir of Mr. Jones, by the Rev. William Thomas, M.A. (Gwilym Maries).