St Margaret’s Church
The church was completed in 1862; it was partly financed by John Bruce Pryse of Dyffryn House Mountain Ash. In 1895 after the death of the Henry Austin Bruce the 1st Lord of Aberdare who had a distinguished career as a politician at one time he was Gladstone’s Home Secretary and he was a pioneer in the education for the Welsh People, which included secondary schools. They decided in extending the church with a chancel, sanctuary, vestry and a tower with a peal of bells all this was completed by 1898 at a cost of £3500.

The Font
The original font of the church was rumoured to have been moved to St John’s Church Miskin Mountain Ash.